This episode consists of a very raw and unfiltered interview with veteran derivatives trader and self-proclaimed Merc Jerk, Jimmy Jude.
Rewind to the early ’90s and Jimmy relives the violent fall of the CME’s Eurodollar options pit. He talks about power struggles, immense risk-taking, and wisdom gained from peers.
Jimmy also recounts some of the more notable and chaotic events he witnessed. At Nat Gas he’s front row in an $8 billion explosion when trading on the NYMEX floor.
Finally, I have a few questions about Jimmy’s recent trading methods. VIX curve and E-mini futures working structure.
Trading in financial markets involves the risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topic and Timestamp
Note: Exact time depends on current ad.
- 6:22 – Starting at the bottom, Clark takes advantage of the ‘throw the ball at the wall’ risk
- 10:39 – Eurodollar Options: “Worst Hole on Earth”
- 18:20 – Set aside Don Wilson, Margie Teller, and the ‘cannabis-smoking depraved’
- 38:00 – Chaotic Events: $8 Billion Natural Gas Explosion, GFC, Y2K Interest Rate Disruption
- 50:55 – Moving to electronic trading, VIX curve and E-mini futures
- 01:01:00 – Stay in the game