After an accident ended her career as a professional athlete, Luisa Nicola worked as a neurophysiologist and human performance researcher to understand and share what improves and degrades the brain’s short-term performance and long-term viability. became a coach. Adopting certain habits, diets, and supplementing with technology can give traders the edge they need for peak performance and overall mental health.
Luisa Nicolas, a neurophysiologist and human performance coach, is the founder and head performance advisor of Neuro-Athletics, a consulting firm with the world’s best athletes. Using science-based data from EEG scans, lab tests, and cognitive assessments, Luisa has a first-class ticket into the brains of elite NBA and MLB stars. Luisa graduated from the University of Sydney Medical School and is currently pursuing a PhD studying the effects of resistance exercise on the brain.
Louisa serves on the boards of Momentous, Tonal and Klora.
Trading in financial markets involves the risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topic and Timestamp:
Note: Exact time depends on current ad..
- 0:00 background
- 4:44 What she’s looking for in an EEG
- 8:39 Do you have to sacrifice your health to succeed?
- 11:09 Ready for bed from the moment you wake up
- 14:09 Sunlight needed, lightbox substituted
- 17:15 Sleep Hygiene
- 22:00 Is it possible that I slept too much?
- 25:18 Sleep Aids—CBD, Blue Light Blocking Glasses, PEMF
- 28:03 When will you finish eating?
- 30:08 The brain loves habits
- 33:55 How exercise affects the brain
- 38:12 The best type of exercise for those with time constraints
- 39:15 Heart rate variability and its importance
- 40:25 Exercise frequency and amount
- 42:33 Diet types and their effects
- 44:08 Important supplements to take
- 48:06 Is vegetable oil the new smoke?
- 50:20 Effect of heat on oil
- 52:23 Sugar affects inflammation
- 53:30 Benefits of Using a Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor
- 54:55 Importance of blood tests before choosing a diet
- 56:30 What is Luisa studying the most?
- 58:20 Directions to Luisa