With no education, no mentor, and no money, Lukas Fröhlich, known to many as “Short Bear,” became fascinated by the financial markets when he was just 13 years old. He saved everything he could from his job and started his trade before he could legally drive a car. He created his YouTube and his Twitter accounts to share his strategies, wins and losses so his fellow traders can improve their game.
By obsessing over learning from our mistakes, understanding the benefits, and improving our processes, we were able to reap exorbitant profits in 2020 with the Agenda Trading Strategy. Changing market conditions prompted Lucas to innovate a new strategy that was completely different from the original. Our focus, dedication and discipline for self-improvement have allowed us to expand beyond the world of trade into new areas of business helping others.
Trading in financial markets involves the risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topic and Timestamp:
Note: Exact time depends on current ad.
- 0:00 Background
- 3:20 early deals and mistakes
- 7:41 Staying in the Game Despite Mistakes
- 8:24 Jan 2020 Incredible returns from liquidity surge
- 12:45 How did he make a profit
- March 2020 13:55 More than 600% return
- 15:40 Trade setup process
- 19:55 Small cap quantification process
- 22:00 Why we focused on small caps in 2020
- 25:40 How he avoided the monthly drawdown in 2020
- 27:39 Agenda trading is the main reason for his incredible return
- 32:00 when he gets out of position
- 33:50 Reasons for 2021 drawdown
- 36:00 Risk management evolves over time
- 38:18 Strategies evolve as markets change
- 40:35 Technical and Fundamental Approaches and Their Importance
- 43:15 Funds needed to successfully sell a small cap
- 48:25 Discipline Pursuit of Less
- 50:10 Habits and routines
- 54:15 Current market conditions
- 57:40 Naked short selling used by pumpers?
- 59:20 The Impact of Silicon Valley Banks on the Economy and Markets
- 62:45 Risks Facing Traders Today
- 65:00 mental model
- 66:30 What Lucas struggles with
- 70:00 his goal
- 74:00 Biggest misconceptions about trading
- 79:00 Best way to contact Lucas