Raised in a family and culture strongly critical of trading as a profession, Patrick Peterson opened his first trading account at the age of 18.th Having a birthday, I risked my reputation and family fortune to chase a passion that continues to grow deeper and deeper over the years. After blowing up a number of accounts, he became homeless and found himself rejected by his entire family despite paying it off in full. His passion, determination and persuasion gave Patrick another chance when he started managing money for wealthy clients.
Take part in this unusual journey as you learn about Patrick’s trading and intuitive Jedi skills for lightning-fast discretionary execution.
Trading in financial markets involves the risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topic and Timestamp:
Note: Exact time depends on current ad.
- 0:00 background
- 3:15 Start trading and family connections
- 5:50 German cultural attitudes to trade
- 9:55 How Patrick first learned to trade
- 12:20 Early strategy
- 16:35 what he wants in the chart
- 20:00 Become an intuitive trader
- 23:00 Why it’s important to follow the news
- 27:45 Early Risk Management and Account Explosion
- 29:25 How Patrick raised money from the wealthy
- 37:00 Expected and Actual Provided Revenue
- 38:55 Go all out
- 40:10 How often does he find great setups
- 45:20 Change strategy after blowing up accounts
- 47:03 Family disowns Patrick for trading
- 49:40 Can you teach Patrick how to trade?
- 50:55 See and trade imbalances
- 52:12 Change styles often depending on market conditions
- 56:15 Do not accept loss and revenge deals
- 58:15 Current Market Conditions and Impact on Trading
- 60:00 What Patrick struggles with the most in trading
- 61:05 The impact of trading on his life
- 65:50 Future Goals
- 68:30 How to contact Patrick