women’s history month is an annual opportunity to highlight women’s contributions to significant events in American history and contemporary society.
Throughout March, we celebrate women past and present who bring new perspectives and ideas to the fore and push the boundaries of how and where women can participate in society.
Women have been at the center of important events throughout history, yet their contributions have been overlooked and underestimated. I understand the importance of accurately framing historical events, including the perspective of
of National Women’s History Alliance has set the theme for this year’s Women’s History Month as “We honor the women who tell our stories.At WP Engine, the woman who creates the story for this month’s show is the global leader of Roar, WP Engine’s Employee Resource Group (ERG) that promotes and advocates for women.
Whether you’re collecting feminine hygiene products for your local charity or building a community library in our global offices, WP Engine’s women (and our male and non-binary employees) celebrate Women’s History Month. See what we have in store for you!
“Sponsorship and mentorship are important, and having a smart, creative, and generous community will make a huge difference in the world,” Gilmore said.
“I wouldn’t say there aren’t moments of imposter syndrome, but when you push yourself and put yourself out there, even if it’s just digital, you can start building the support network you need to grow. .”
To wrap up the month, Roar leaders have prepared a special program for all WP Enigne global office hub and remote employees (almost half of our workforce!) to participate. increase. These activities unite employees when they try something new, set new goals, and learn new things.
Whether employees are trying cross-stitch OmahaCreate a vision board with Limerick(just recognized as one of the best places to work for women in Ireland) answers a trivia question. London again Austincollecting feminine hygiene products for local charities, or simply sharing conversations, these activities help build stronger communities at our locations around the world.
For remote workers who are too far from the hub to join directly, the leader good lead A list that includes the work of great female authors!
Regardless of location, our employees have the opportunity to participate in Women’s History Month.
WP Engine strongly encourages each employee to put their heart and soul into their work. what do you mean? Simply put, he shouldn’t feel like he has to stifle key aspects of his identity while working 40 hours a week.
In fact, we believe that if you bring all of your experiences, passions, struggles, and strengths into the workplace, you can be more creative, more effective, and happier at work.
We built the ERG with this idea in mind. WP Engine currently has eight of his ERGs, each supporting employees in different ways.
- Branches: Connect caregivers within the organization and serve as a network of support as employees navigate the intersection of professional and personal responsibilities as caregivers
- Embrace: Provides advocacy and support for visible, invisible, and chronic disorders and illnesses.
- Flourish: Provides an open and welcoming community where employees can seek and offer support. Educate and learn. We advocate for each other on the topics of mental health, neurodiversity and personal health.
- Hue: Provide a safe and open environment to promote, educate and advocate for LGBTQ+ people and their allies.
- Open Hearts: WP Engine’s charitable organization, this group focuses primarily on community health, hunger and education initiatives, working at the intersection of passions and community needs.
- Refresh: We serve a global community of individuals who want to make a positive impact on the environment and influence change on an individual, local, and global level.
- Rise: Provide a safe and open environment to promote, educate and advocate for BIPOC and allies.
- Roar: Provides a safe and open environment to promote, educate and advocate for women in positions and industries where women have historically been underrepresented.
If you’re looking for career opportunities in an environment that encourages being authentically yourself, WP Engine has remote positions worldwide! our career page To find the role that’s right for you!