To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT, subscribe here.
Wednesday is here and we’re still excited about Disrupt later this year. Startups in Africa: Apply for Startup Battlefield 200. We have also started selling Expo+ passes.
TechCrunch Top 3
- What’s the password?: Google Passkey is now rolling out to account users worldwide. A passkey allows you to access your account without a password. “Authentication is basically synced across all your devices via the cloud using a cryptographic key pair and you can use the same biometric or screen lock PIN used to unlock your device. You can sign in to websites and apps.” Pole I am writing.
- in the driver’s seat: Longtime Lyft partner Stripe has signed a big deal with Uber. Ingrid There are more.
- make an impact: mannish asks the question, “Where is India in the generative AI race?” And we’ll answer that by looking at how Indian entrepreneurs are working to capitalize on the excitement around this trend.
Startups and VC
Plexamp, Plex’s music player, now works with ChatGPT for playlist creation. SaraIt bothered me, so I spent most of the morning creating playlists using ChatGPT-4. Among other things, we asked them to make a list of the top 10 essential heavy metal songs of 2004, the best music to work with, and the most nostalgic songs.
We also asked ChatGPT-4 to create a list of the top 5 songs about startups, and wow, they not only created a list of songs, why Each song makes sense on this list. Not going to lie, this thing continues to amaze me.Below is a list, I made it useful Spotify playlist, Apple Music playlist and YouTube playlist for you too.
- Drake’s “Started from the Bottom”: The song’s lyrics about starting from scratch and working your way to success resonate with many startups striving for success.
- ‘Lose Yourself’ by Eminem: The intensity and drive in the lyrics of this song could represent the dedication and focus required to build a successful startup.
- “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi: This anthem about controlling your destiny and taking chances is consistent with the mindset of many entrepreneurs starting their own businesses.
- ‘Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey: This classic track is a reminder that startup founders keep believing in their vision, even if the road to success is fraught with difficulties.
- Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”: A symbol of determination and resilience, the song, like the spirit of a startup founder, is a hymn to those who face adversity and push on to achieve their goals.
Okay, enough of the music-inspired goofs. Here is some startup news.
Ask Sophie: Will I be allowed into the US if my passport is less than 5 months old?
I founded a startup in Zimbabwe a few years ago. I am planning to visit the US for the first time next month to check out the market and have applied for a tourist visa.
I am planning to stay in the US for a few months, but I just realized that my passport expires in September. I understand that I must have at least 6 months remaining on my passport to travel to the United States.
Is it (still) true? Need to delay your trip?
— Hope for Harare
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ is a membership program that keeps founders and startup teams a step ahead. You can sign up hereUse code ‘DC’ and get 15% off your annual subscription!
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
Remember when Airbnb first started as a way to rent a room in a house without staying in a hotel? up from 36%), refocusing on single rooms to offer users a more affordable option. Ivan There are more.
in the meantime, Sara .
In addition, there are five