Q1. I bought shares on Monday, June 19th, received delivery, and sold on Monday, June 26th. In this case, will 80% of the funds be available to him on June 26th or the next day he will be available on June 27th?
Q2. You sell your T1 holdings worth 10,000 on June 20th and want to buy them back as the price drops. Is 10K of new funds okay?
yes. This applies to both exchanges.
If the stock is already in the demat account. nothing changes. Get 80% of the proceeds instantly. The remaining 20% will be available the next day.
If you have funds in your account. It can be used for same-day share buybacks.
I would like to request the ability to buy back stocks sold today without requiring additional funds. This will be treated as an intraday trade, just like if you sold the stock in his MIS mode instead of CNC mode.
I think this feature is feasible and beneficial, even if it requires technical changes. This will give Zerodha a long-term advantage over other brokers that do not offer this option. @nithin
This will have a huge impact on retail traders. Our capital is limited so most of the time our capital is blocked giving the big traders enough room to manipulate the stocks so don’t do btst trading just like intraday trading You can not.
T+1 settlements now go on for many days a year. Why is it being brought forward now? Is this working for the benefit of a special group of people, or do you want to block a special group of people?
This seems simple, but it is a complex change in our risk management system. For now that is not possible.
One more thing, I understand that 100% of the funds will be blocked if you sell from T1 and 20% of the funds will be blocked if you sell from Demat holdings, is this correct?