It’s no secret that Netflix cracks down on password sharing. If anyone outside of your household accesses your girlfriend’s Netflix account, you’ll be paying extra in no time.
There are no details on when the change will be rolled out, but Netflix already offers a tool to mitigate this problem: the profile transfer feature.
Rather than hurling friends and family out of the Netflix password-sharing nest, the profile transfer feature lets you pack your bags. If you decide that your ex-partner or ex-roommate who uses your account to watch her Netflix won’t be charged, they will need to create their own account (not the same account).
Profile transfer lets you take your Netflix profile with you so you don’t leave your watchlist, viewing history, and personalized recommendations behind. After endless hours of Stranger Things and Wednesday, they don’t want to start over with a blank Netflix profile with a new Netflix subscription.
How to migrate your Netflix profile
Transferring Netflix profiles (Netflix users) to a new Netflix account is easy. Here’s how to exactly complete the process to end the password sharing situation.To get started, you first need to Turn on profile forwarding within your accountfollow these detailed steps:
- After confirming that profile transfer is enabled within your account, sign in to the account that contains the profile you want to transfer. You must access Netflix through the website, not the Netflix app.
- On the “Who’s Watching” screen, click the profile you want to transfer.
- Click on the small profile icon in the top right corner of the Netflix website,[プロファイルの転送]Select a link.
- If you forgot to enable profile forwarding for your profile, you will be prompted to do so before continuing.
- Netflix has a transfer hold time to make it more difficult to transfer profiles without your permission. Therefore, please check your primary account holder’s email for a notification from Netflix and[すぐに有効にする]you have to click the button. Otherwise, wait 2 days and the feature will be automatically enabled.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transfer process. You will be asked for an email address and password to use for your new account.
- that’s it! Say goodbye to the days of password sharing, hoping that your friends and family will have the best girlfriend’s Netflix viewing experience with their girlfriend’s Netflix account (via the Netflix app or website).
Password sharing price
Netflix has since looked for ways to increase its revenue. lose about 1.2 million subscribers Surcharges for password sharing or account sharing could be the answer in the first two quarters of 2022. We don’t know when password sharing fees for Netflix will go into effect, but we estimate an additional charge of $3-$4 per person.
We don’t know how the streaming giant identifies password-sharing situations, but one possible way is to track IP addresses and device IDs. In one main location for a long period of time.
Save with ad-supported plans
Compare Netflix plans
|netflix plan||video resolution||Concurrent device streaming||Access to the entire catalog||price|
|Basic with ads||720p HD||1||no||$6.99/month|
If you don’t want to kick people out of your account, but want to save money while others watch Netflix with your money, you might want to consider the company’s new Basic with Ads subscription tier. Recommended. For just $6.99/month, you can enjoy the 720p HD ad-supported Netflix experience on one device at a time.
Michael Archambault is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder specializing in technology.