Enjoy the latest issue of Weekend Reading for Financial Planners — this week’s edition follows the SEC’s prior guidance on account recommendations and obligations under the Regulatory Best Interests (Reg BI) on Conflicts of Interest. It opens with the news that we have announced a new bulletin. A week focused on caring duties. This guidance highlights the importance of brokers considering investment options for their clients, the importance of factoring in the costs of making recommendations that are in the broker’s best interest, and the importance of brokers conducting trades. It emphasizes the need to do it proactively, not as a post-test “check the box” exercise. Recommendations — Regulatory messages that are also important to fiduciary investment advisors.
Also, this week’s industry news:
- A U.S. House committee this week approved a bill that would expand the pool of individuals who qualify as accredited investors with access to certain private placements.
- The proposed bipartisan law would allow individuals to use 529 Plan funds for expenses related to obtaining or maintaining postsecondary qualifications. This includes her CFP certification.
From there, you’ll find several articles on Advisor Marketing.
- How Advisors Use Google Reviews to Maximize Search Engine Optimization and Increase Online Visibility
- Key features to include on your advisory firm’s website to show “social proof” to prospective clients
- How Advisors Use ChatGPT to Spend Less Time on Content Marketing
There are many articles on retirement planning.
- Statistics on where American retirees stand today, from average net worth to how they spend each hour of the day
- The reason why the FIRE pioneer who retired in his 30s is planning to return to work
- Number of business owners reporting no intention of retiring and planning opportunities for advisors working with these clients
Finally, we conclude with three articles on achieving our goals.
- Why “Showing Up” To Achieve Your Goals Is Often The Most Important Part
- 5 Key Factors That Increase Your Chances Of Reaching Your Goals
- Why giving up your goals is a good choice and how to objectively make the decision to do so
Enjoy your “light” reading!