Enjoy the latest issue of “Weekend Reading for Financial Planners” – this week’s edition features news that the SEC has issued a risk alert outlining Reg BI-related flaws discovered during a recent investigation of broker-dealers starts with . Clearly communicate whether you are acting as a fee-based broker or a fee-based investment advisor to companies that have not been able to update their training and compliance systems to meet Reg BI requirements.
Also, this week’s industry news:
- Annuity sales hit record levels in 2022, likely fueling volatile markets and rising interest rates
- A recent survey found that an overwhelming percentage of both employers and their employees who sponsor retirement plans are interested in receiving advice from a financial advisor.
From there, there are several articles on Advisor Marketing.
- How Advisors Can Acquire More Clients By Spending Just Two Hours A Month On Marketing
- 5 research-backed tactics advisors can use to improve marketing ROI
- How finding ‘Patient Zero’ can help new companies enter their chosen niche
There are many articles about investment.
- Why falling interest rates haven’t always been the main driver of investment returns over the past 25 years
- Why Investors Haven’t Seen A Fleet Into Bonds Even As Yields Hit Levels Not Seen In Years
- Indexed universal life has been insurers’ most popular product in recent years, but economic headwinds and concerns about its utility could slow insurer growth
Finally, we conclude with three articles on artificial intelligence (AI).
- How AI can revolutionize a wide range of professions, from education to medicine
- How ChatGPT and other large-scale language models can be used by investment professionals today and in the future
- How AI Systems Can Increase the Efficiency of Human Financial Advisors and Challenge Current Advisory Business Models in the Years to Come
Enjoy your “light” reading!