Enjoy the latest installment of Weekend Reading for Financial Planners. We begin this week with the news that Charles Schwab’s latest annual RIA benchmarking study shows that while average firm assets under management declined in 2022, largely due to weak market performance, organic growth remained strong, easing some of the market’s impact on client portfolios. Additionally, the study identifies the characteristics of “top performing” companies that have nearly tripled customer and net organic asset growth compared to other companies over the past five years.
Industry news of the week:
- How the SEC Commission’s proposal to allow third-party investigations into a growing number of RIAs is reminiscent of similar proposals that failed to advance in Congress more than a decade ago
- A study found that the majority of surveyed advisors chose the first advisor they met, but younger clients appeared to do more research before choosing an advisor.
From there, there are several articles on happiness.
- Why tracking employee health metrics is good for both companies and employees
- How vacations can improve an individual’s physical, mental and mental health in addition to work performance
- Top health trends companies can consider adopting to promote employee health and improve retention
We also have a number of articles on spending.
- Why a woman who was once skeptical of luxury cars decided buying a $65,000 Porsche was the right decision for her
- Why it’s important for customers to consider the ‘hidden’ costs of buying a vacation home before they jump in
- How Advisors Can Help Clients Strike a Balance Between Living Today and Postponing Satisfaction
Finally, we conclude with three articles on career development.
- Why Advisory Firms and Their Advisors Can’t Get Everything They Want Out of an Employment Relationship
- Important but not-so-obvious factors that advisors can consider when considering company changes
- What knowledge workers can do to prevent artificial intelligence tools from stealing their jobs
Enjoy your “light” reading!