Bitget is a Seychelles-based cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2018. It has various virtual currency trading functions such as spot trading, copy trading, and futures trading.
Bitget supports many popular digital currencies and touts a highly secure platform backed by reserves covering over 100% of customer deposits.
Take a closer look at Bitget’s features and pricing to determine if it’s a good fit for your cryptocurrency trading and investment needs.
Note: At the time of this writing, Bitget is not available for users in Singapore, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, Cuba, and the United States.
- Supports spot trading, futures trading, and copy trading
- Transparent evidence of reserves
- Claims to be the world’s largest copy trading exchange
Supports global cryptocurrency exchanges, spot, futures and copy trading
Spot trading in over 100 currencies
0.1% Standard Fee for Makers and Takers
Who is Bigett?
Bitget is a cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency derivatives exchange founded in 2018. It operates worldwide, but does not support some countries, including the United States.
Bitget offers a variety of cryptocurrency trading products, including spot and futures contracts. It also offers a variety of features and services such as user-friendly interface, different order types, margin trading, automated trading, etc.
The company claims to be the world’s largest copy trading exchange and the strategy is available for both spot and futures trading. It has over 8 million registered users and daily trading volume reaches his $10 billion.
What does Bitget offer?
Bitget’s main product revolves around different types of cryptocurrency trading.
Bitget’s spot trading platform is intuitive for anyone with active trading experience.
- Buy cryptocurrency: Buy USDT, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using your credit card or mobile payment platform. Buy cryptocurrencies from other platform users at no extra charge. You can select multiple third parties to use PIX to facilitate purchases or deposits from your linked accounts denominated in Euros, British Pounds or Brazilian Reals.
- Physical trading: Spot trading, i.e. instant trading at current market rates, is supported with reasonable fees compared to other platforms. Bitget trades over 100 different cryptocurrencies on its spot trading platform.
- Futures trading: A futures contract is a type of financial derivative that allows an investor to buy or sell an asset at a predetermined price on a specified future date. Bitget supports futures trading in many currencies with advanced tools to inform or automate your trading strategy.
- Copy trading: Copy trading allows you to imitate the trades of other platform users. Choose the right traders to follow and you will be profitable with very little work. However, cryptocurrency trading always involves risk. You can also use copy trading in the spot and futures markets or follow a specific strategy. Star traders earn a share of the profits from other people copying their trades and strategies.
Bitget also works using its own token, the Bitget Token (BGB). Fees are discounted when you use BGB for trading. As of this writing, BGB has a market capitalization of $667 million, making it the 221st largest cryptocurrency according to CoinMarketCap.
Are there any fees?
Bitget charges fees comparable to many other major cryptocurrency platforms. It uses a maker/taker model and deducts fees from user transactions.
- Deposit fee: Deposits through Bitget are free, but some third-party payment processors may charge their own fees for Bitget deposits.
- Withdrawal Fee: Withdrawal fees vary by currency. Please check the fees before withdrawing. Certain transfers can reach large amounts.
- Physical Transaction Fee: Spot trades are subject to a standard 0.1% commission for makers and takers. Pay with BFB and get a 20% discount on these fees.
- Futures Trading Fee: Futures commissions also use the maker/taker model and vary by currency. Most transactions cost 0.02% for makers and 0.06% for takers.
Dedicated users, called VIP users, can qualify for lower commissions and additional trading products.
How does Bitget compare?
Bitget is a relatively new cryptocurrency exchange, but has quickly become one of the largest exchanges in the world. It offers many features and services such as spot trading, derivative trading, and margin trading. Bitget also focuses on security and compliance.
Bitget’s biggest competitors are: binance, FTX, Coinbase, Bybit. All of these exchanges are established and offer a similar range of features and services. However, there are some key differences between Bitget and its competitors.
One of the biggest differences is Bitget’s focus on derivatives trading. Bitget offers a wider range of derivatives products than its competitors. As such, it is a good option for traders who want to trade futures, options and perpetual contracts.
Another difference is Bitget’s fees. Bitget’s fees are lower than most other exchanges. This makes it a good option for traders looking to save on fees.
How do I open an account?
- Go to the Bitget website and click “Sign Up”. You can sign up with your email address or mobile phone number. Bitget has mobile apps for Android and iOS, and you can also download and sign up using the mobile app.
- Enter your contact details, choose a secure password, and add your referral code if you have one. Bitget offers promotions that increase the value of your account upon signup.
- Click the link to establish a new account. You will receive an email from Bitget with a verification code. Enter the verification code and click “Confirm” to complete your account.
Bitget requires certain “Know Your Customer” (KYC) information in order to access all account features and increase account limits.
- Before completing KYC: The daily withdrawal limit is $50,000 and the monthly withdrawal limit is $100,000.
- After completing KYC: The daily withdrawal limit is $3,000,000.
If you have signed up for a financial account or cryptocurrency exchange in the past, you should be familiar with the signup process. After completing the KYC, the user will have his $3 bonus credited to his account.
Is my money safe?
Bitget attaches great importance to the security of customer accounts. Several measures such as cold storage, multi-factor authentication, security audits and user education are in place to protect user funds. Bitget also provides users with educational resources on security best practices.
In the post-FTX world, proof of reserves is an important service for cryptocurrency exchanges.while doing so It’s best to store your cryptocurrencies in your own wallet outside of an exchangeBitget does an excellent job of transparently reporting what assets you hold. Based on that policy and self-reported reserves, he holds well over his 100% of customer deposits in BTC, ETH, USDT and USDC.
How do I contact Bitget Support?
The best way to contact Bitget Support is by email. This site has a chatbot that is not very good. The customer support email address is email@example.com. VIP users can receive priority support in the following ways: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company also operates accounts on Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram and other popular social platforms.
Is Biget Worth It?
If you live where Bitget is available, it’s a pretty good choice. It stands out for its competitive fees and range of derivative products. Although risky, copy trading products are also very popular. If you are looking for copy trading, Bitget should be your first consideration.
Customer service and withdrawal options could be improved. Otherwise, Bitget offers a very attractive package of crypto products. Please be aware that many of these instruments are highly risky and there is a high probability of incurring losses if you engage in aggressive trading strategies.
If you’re not sure about Bitget, check out our list of the best cryptocurrency exchanges.
Features of Bitget
A global cryptocurrency exchange that supports spot trading, futures trading, and copy trading
Maker and taker standard 0.10%
$3 million (KYC verified)