Christy Ford is the co-founder of The Scout Guide. She started her career as a photographer and later moved to Charlottesville to open a Georgian antiques and home store with her mother. As the business grew, Christy realized there was a shortage of successful advertising opportunities for local small businesses. She was driven to find a solution, so Scout Guide was born. Today, she and her partners print franchised publications in more than 79 of her cities, supporting local businesses and her communities. Christy leads creative her direction and branding for the entire business.For more information you can check out TheScoutGuide.com.
In today’s episode, Christy Ford shares The Scout Guide’s journey from its very beginnings to its current 79 franchise. She shares with us the ups and downs of that journey and what it took to come to the decision to implement the decision to create the franchise.
“We are storytellers and connectors at heart. We are conduits to the community, bringing small businesses together and making sure the community knows they exist.” – Christie・Ford
Listen to the podcast below.
This week’s SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Building a large franchise from two startups.
- How Scout Guides Became a Franchise.
- Strengthen the foundation before franchising.
- Know the inside and outside of how a franchise works.
- Be clear about your model and the people you want to franchise.
- Flexibility and loving work.
- Pros and cons of franchising your small business.
Connect with Christy Ford:
Want more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform and never miss an episode!