Renewable energy leader Iberdrola invites startups to join. Autonomous Offshore Inspection Startup ChallengeIberdrola is seeking a fully autonomous or remotely operated unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that will optimize inspections of Iberdrola’s offshore assets, with a particular focus on detecting anomalies and failures in wind turbine blades and foundations. but not limited to:
Iberdrola has established itself as a global leader in the offshore wind market. Offshore wind has become a key growth vector for his Iberdrola, with 1.26 GW of current offshore wind assets and a further 9.6 GW of pipelines under development and construction, expected to be operational by 2027.
Does your solution optimize autonomous offshore inspection of wind energy assets?
Offshore environments can be harsh with extreme weather conditions. Iberdrola is looking for a UAV solution that can withstand these conditions, optimize maintenance, reduce costs and time, and increase employee safety. To this challenge, Iberdrola is looking for solutions that include:
- Fully autonomous self-driving or remotely operated vehicles (FASDV or ROV).
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) technology.
- Inspection system for wind turbine components such as blades and foundations.
- Minimize or eliminate wind turbine downtime.
- Image/video capture and condition scanning, and subsequent data analysis.
- A complete inspection package including 3D modeling and digital twin solutions.
- Preventive maintenance and on-site repairs when necessary.
- Solutions for both above-water and underwater inspections.
However, if the proposal does not fit this challenge, it will also be analyzed if the competitive advantage of the proposal for a particular type of site is clearly explained.
Explore the benefits of collaborating with Iberdrola
Not only has Iberdrola established itself as one of the world’s top wind operators for over 20 years, but it is also adept at working with start-ups that advance emerging technologies. Over the past two years, Iberdrola has launched over 19 global startup challenges to solve a wide variety of problems in today’s energy industry. Here are your advantages:
- Collaboration Agreement and Pilot Testing: Winners will have the opportunity to collaborate and sign test contracts Perseo or any other Iberdrola group company. This group will help cover the costs of pilot activities.
- Access to all areas: Iberdrola will provide the winner with all necessary technical support as well as a site and real data to test the solution. This includes access to equipment, teams, infrastructure, tech sites, and shared work areas.
- Technology scaling: If the pilot test is satisfactory, Iberdrola may offer the winner an opportunity to scale up the solution by adapting it through a commercial agreement.
- Potential investment: In addition, PERSEO will consider investing in participating companies and/or challenge winners.
Iberdrola Autonomous Offshore Inspection Startup Challenge Timeline and Structure
Applications close November 14th — apply now!
- Proposal Evaluation: January 2022
- Start of pilot project: 2023
How does Iberdrola evaluate proposals?
When evaluating your proposal, Iberdrola considers the following value propositions:
- Solution maturity and reliability
- Whether the device is self-operating
- Investment and operating costs
- required time
- Ease of installation, use and maintenance
- Minimum training requirements to operate the solution
- Continuation of energy production
- Compliant with health, safety and environmental (HSE) standards
Sharing is caring!