Anyone with an idea can participate
The Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub brings together the talent, knowledge, and merit to help founders at every stage solve their startup challenges. Sign up in minutes with no funds required.
This is part 3 of a series on generative AI and the Azure OpenAI service. Click here to read Part 1 It focuses on the basics and Click here for Part 2details Microsoft Copilot.
User Experience (UX) is a key component of any product or service, especially for startups looking to attract more customers, prove their products in the market, and build their brand reputation. Generative AI UX aims to streamline and enhance the design process using AI algorithms and models to automatically generate or assist in the creation of user interfaces, designs and interactive experiences.
In my last post, I introduced Microsoft Copilot, OpenAI’s GPT-4 powered tool that appears as a chatbot in the sidebar of Microsoft’s existing apps. For startups looking to improve their UX while freeing up financial and human resources to focus on strategy and innovation, adapting Copilot is an easy and cost-effective way to stay competitive. It’s a way.
New Bing: A UX details
In this blog we share insights from our journey Create a new Bing search experience. Announced in February, these new experiences are powered by a combination of Azure OpenAI’s state-of-the-art GPT models and Bing’s proprietary technology called Prometheus, which leverages fresh and comprehensive Bing’s index, rankings and answers. I’m here. (Prometheus is discussed in more detail in Part 4 of this series.) The result is a more accurate, complete, and engaging search experience that can answer long, complex, and natural queries.
Extended search parameters
- A better search experience provides more relevant results for basic queries. It also features a new sidebar with more detailed answers for those seeking answers. You can now enter up to 1000 words in the “Ask me anything” search box.
- Copilot Chat improves the user experience of complex systems for startups by providing users with real-time support and guidance. It allows users to access hidden features and customize settings using natural language commands. Copilot’s chat option also allows you to provide useful tips and feedback to improve user performance and satisfaction. By adding the Copilot chat option, startups can increase the value of the system for users and increase retention.
Add additional context to your answer
- The new Bing delivers results from across the web, not only summarizing answers, but also reducing your visual load. Instead of exposing all the information first, give users a glimpse of what you have to offer and encourage them to explore further. This creates a more engaging and interactive experience that helps startups attract new business and keep repeat customers.
- The new Bing proactively answers inquiries and generates relevant questions to help you continue your exploration.
- Selecting “Let’s chat” redirects the user to Copilot mode. Bing chat modewhere you can do further research on the answer.
- By chatting naturally and asking follow-up questions to initial searches, users type and speak the same way they would talk to a friend, resulting in more specific, clear, or creative results. can be obtained. For start-ups, this kind of instant communication with customers can be the difference between growing their customer base or struggling to find market traction.
- Chat mode reduces the visual load and allows you to enjoy a distraction-free experience while exploring results. Selecting this option will open a new window and allow you to enter up to 2000 words in the search bar.
- Relevant follow-up questions are created in the chat at every turn, thus maintaining a proactive approach. (A “turn” is a conversational exchange that includes both your question and a response from Bing.)
Increase trust and avoid hallucinations
- Search hallucinations refer to a phenomenon that can occur in the context of search engines, especially when using natural language queries. This refers to situations where search engines return results that are not directly relevant or accurate. In the new Bing experience, references are numbered to help users understand where answers come from, helping reduce hallucinations.
- Reinforcement learning is a type of machine learning that learns from its own actions and rewards. Bing Chat uses reinforcement learning to improve responses based on user feedback. For example, if a user likes our response, we will receive a positive reward and try to generate more such responses. If users don’t like our responses, we receive negative rewards and we try to avoid generating such responses. By using reinforcement learning, we hope to make Bing Chat more engaging, convenient, and satisfying for users.
- If you choose creative mode, you can expect to receive original and surprising responses. Generate useful content for tasks such as writing emails, creating travel itineraries, preparing for job interviews, and creating quizzes. This has endless uses for start-ups looking to differentiate themselves in their field or set themselves apart from their competitors.
- This mode allows you to start with something simple that you feel safe with. The user reviews it and makes any necessary changes.
- Azure Open AI Service can reformat the textual structure and language of your input, including making it more concise, clear, and creative. For example, users can rewrite emails in French.
- The user can then recreate the email as a table and translate it back into English.
- Alternatively, it can be in JSON format.
- Using a generative AI image technology such as DALL-E 2 from Azure OpenAI Service in combination with Open AI GPT-4, users can chat about image creation and adjust images using prompts and suggested prompts. can.
Important points for startups
- Generative AI UX can improve products and services by providing users with accurate, relevant and customized results. Creating a well-structured Generative AI UX can help you create new capabilities that differentiate your product or service from others.
- Justify your prompts with data. For AI models to learn and reason effectively, they need data. Incorporating data into AI improves its accuracy and reliability. Additionally, the data facilitates the inclusion of references and sources that support AI output, giving users confidence and enabling verification of information.
- Make your UX design user-friendly and engaging. The UX should be easy for users to consume and understand. Additionally, the UX should be flexible and adaptable to meet the specific requirements and preferences of users. Creating an immersive he UX experience is also important to encourage users to actively engage with your product or service.
- Conduct continuous testing and iterations. UX is an ongoing process that requires continuous evaluation and enhancement based on user feedback and data analysis. Additionally, UX needs to be revised and refined in response to evolving user behaviors and expectations.
In Part 4 of the series, learn about the new plugin system and Bing’s new architecture.
Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub members receive Azure Cloud Credits that can be used for Azure OpenAI Service or OpenAI to help build products. Sign up now to become a member.
Tags: AI, generative AI, LaunchWithAI, startup