Rule #1: We definitely talk about book clubs.
In today’s special edition Banyan Edge PodcastAdam O’Dell and Amber Lancaster join us to talk about our current favorite reads.
A gem like the lesser-known dynamics of the pirate economy. How investment theories and strategies adapt over time. And how the idea of ”winner takes all” affects money making in sports, from athletes to fat industry runners.
(And stay by my side for a while fun investigation At the end of this article! )
On today’s podcast:
- Warren Buffett’s self-proclaimed secret to success. [0:30]
- Amber selection: Invisible Hooks: The Hidden Economics of Pirates To Peter T. LeesonThe pioneering practices of Blackbeard, Black Bart Roberts and others. [1:20]
- Adam’s Choice: Adaptive Markets: Financial Evolution at the Speed of Thought To Andrew W. LawHow investment strategies adapt to market movements (and the people who create them). [8:55]
- my choice: Economists in the Game: How to Ditch $580 Million and Other Amazing Insights from Sports Economics To Paul OyerThe idea of true ‘moneyball’ in various sports and how athletes play the game of economics. [13:35]
- mike carr pick: History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire To Edward GibbonHistory lovers here! [18:10]
- Ian King’s Picks: Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity To Peter AttiaEngaging reading on science, technology, psychology and nutrition for a long life. [18:55]
Tune in to today’s episode below!
what are you reading 📖
I hope you enjoyed this “Banyan Book Club!” we just want to know…
please give me a few minutes go to this survey Please tell me what you are reading.
If you liked this episode and have any comments or questions, please email us at BanyanEdge@BanyanHill.com.
more corner: investment opportunities 💸
Thank you for reading this far!
If you’re looking for your next investment opportunity, here’s another one…
Aside from Oyer’s Sports Economics Manifesto, I also finished reading Adam O’Dell’s latest research. top small caps ignored by the market.
Fascinating stuff! In that report, he theorizes: But these stocks continue to rise further. 6,900% and 16,500% Each. “
And these $5 stocks he discovered were 500% or more this yearSo if you want to learn more about his hand-picked small-cap recommendations, Check out Adam’s free webinar here.
Happy Monday and Happy Reading!
Charles SizemoreEditor-in-chief, The Banyan Edge