of World Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) represents the global cement and concrete industry responsible for the production of the most used man-made substances on the planet. GCCA advocates turning concrete into a sustainable, long-lasting and robust building material to meet the growing demands of an exponentially expanding urban population. In 2021, we launched our industry roadmap to net zero, outlining the means and pathways to bring net zero concrete to the world.of GCCA Innobandi Open Challenge 2023 A unique initiative aimed at connecting technology start-ups with leading cement and concrete companies around the world to accelerate the development of innovative solutions to achieve net zero, as indicated in the roadmap. A global accelerator.
A global leader in the cement and concrete industry, GCCA and its members recognize the critical role of innovation in creating a sustainable future, expand the innovation ecosystem, and work with external partners to achieve the net zero mission. I am working on it.
What are you waiting for when you apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023?
through Inobandi Open Challenge, GCCA, seeks to expedite the development and adoption of technologies that support the transition to a net-zero future. Apply now to work with GCCA and make it happen! Selected startups will get unique access to:
- Support to move from idea to pilot test, proof of concept, prototype, business case.
- Vast factories, laboratories and research facilities.
- Expertise and infrastructure of 40 members worldwide to showcase innovation.
- Guidance from industry members of the GCCA and designated lead experts to help start-ups advance the industrialization of their technology.
- Develop new technologies or define new business cases with one or more industry members.
- GCCA members manage projects with each selected startup and provide resources, support, and coaching to co-develop the business.
- High visibility in the cement and concrete sector as well as equipment manufacturers, broader value chain players, investors and a wide range of stakeholders.
Built on a proven track record of success
GCCA and its members account for 80% of the world’s cement production capacity. Member companies are working to reduce and ultimately eliminate concrete’s CO2 emissions (which currently account for about 7% of global emissions). GCCA Concrete Future 2050 Net Zero Roadmap – The first “heavy” industry to have such detailed plans.
The launch follows the success of last year’s first Innovandi Open Challenge, in which the cement company partnered with six start-ups, with a focus on carbon capture and utilization projects. Three of his projects are already in the pilot stage.
Claude Loraire, GCCA Cement Director and Innovation Lead, said: “We have already made remarkable progress from the start-ups that worked with our members on the first Innovandi Open Challenge, with several projects already in the pilot stage. Success requires products that are affordable, scalable, and easy to adopt.”
Are you eligible to apply for the GCCA Open Innovation Challenge?
GCCA is looking for startups working on new materials or raw materials for low carbon concrete. This includes innovative admixtures, SCM, clinker, aggregates and more. It should be ready to use and a direct raw material for concrete. Other judging criteria are as follows.
- How innovative and unique is your solution?
- Performance comparable to conventional concrete
- Lower carbon footprint than traditional concrete
- Environmental and Sustainability Assessment
- Technology to produce low-carbon concrete?
- Are you hydrated?
- Energy intensive?
- Are there any waste heat utilization requirements?
- Are there any other prerequisites for the process?
Also note that GCCA is not looking for:
- alternative or low carbon fuels
- Carbon dioxide recovery, utilization and storage technology
- Manufacturing method of low-carbon concrete
Composition and timeline of the Open Innovation Challenge
After rigorously evaluating all entries, GCCA announces the shortlisted startups. They are invited to pitch in front of GCCA members. Successful startups can partner with GCCA members to form consortia and form formal partnerships.
- Application Deadline – May 15, 2023
- Announcing the final shortlist — May 30, 2023
- pitch day — June 30, 2023
- Consortium Agreement Meeting — September 1-15, 2023
- Demo Day (introducing the results of the consortium) — April 2024
Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023 in easy steps
Are you up for the challenge and ready to grow your business? Great! Please send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2023. To apply for the challenge, include the following details:
- Startup name:
- Describe your innovation (100-150 words):
- Applicant’s name and title:
- Year of establishment:
- Startup Stages (Proof of Concept/Pilot/Prototype/Commercial):
- What is the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your technology (1 in research and 9 ready for commercial launch):
- Already have customers? (Yes, No)
Sharing is caring!